Sunday, May 1, 2011

Who I am and Why I'm Here

Hej!

My name is Fridrikr Tomasson, sometimes called inn gamli "the Old One".  I am an amateur scholar and poet studying skaldic poetry and attempting to write poetry modeled after Icelandic skaldic poetry as described in Snorri Sturluson's Prose Edda.


This blog is designed to be a record of my journey, told through the poetry I've written, and through other observations.

Some of you have followed me at http://independent.academia.edu/tomdelfs - thank you for following me here.  My first few postings may seem repetitious (because they will be re-postings).  But new poetry will appear very soon.

For those who are seeing my blog for the first time, I hope you will enjoy my efforts and comment on them.  Honest, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated; general praise is, too.

Some poems, at the beginning will be in English; the later and current poems are in Old Icelandic, which is not my native language, obviously.

Thanks for stopping by and checking my blog out.

No comments:

Post a Comment